Pamela MorrisPresident, CEO CareSource
Pam Morris has more than 40 years of experience in managed health care and the public sector. As an entrepreneurial architect, she pioneered Ohio’s first mandatory Medicaid managed care program and built Dayton Area Health Plan, funded with a half-million dollar grant from the State of Ohio and 38 employees (1989), to present-day CareSource, boasting a 2016 revenue of $7.2 billion and 3,100 employees.
Nearly 30 years later, CareSource is one of the nation’s largest Medicaid Managed Care plans, serving more than 1.6 million members. The company was recently the only non-incumbent health plan selected to serve Medicaid members in both Indiana and Georgia, and will soon have members in five states. The plan has reinvested more than $13 million back into the communities it serves through the CareSource Foundation. As President and CEO of CareSource, Pam has been recognized for her leadership and commitment to improving the health and well-being of the members CareSource serves. She was named the 2007 National Entrepreneur of the Year, Healthcare Services by Ernst & Young. Pamela has also won several local awards, including the 2014 Maureen Patterson Regional Leader Award from the Dayton Development Coalition. Pamela is a former Chair of the Hospice of Dayton and the United Way of Greater Dayton Area Board of Directors, and is a past board member for Dayton Power & Light. She was recently elected to the America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Board of Directors.
B.A., West Virginia University
CareSource is a nonprofit nationally recognized as an industry leader in providing member-centric health care coverage. Founded in 1989, CareSource administers one of the nation’s largest Medicaid managed care plans. Today, CareSource offers individuals and families comprehensive health and life services including Marketplace and Medicare Advantage plans.
Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, CareSource serves more than 1.6 million members in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia and will begin serving members in Georgia in July 2017. CareSource understands the challenges consumers face navigating the health system and works to put health care in reach for those it serves.
For more, visit caresource.com, follow @caresource on Twitter, or like CareSource on Facebook.
Notable Plan Accomplishments:
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work
- 2017 Ohio Association of Health Plans Pinnacle Award for campaign on safer prescribing practices
- 2017 Top 20 ranking from the LearningElite program (Chief Learning Officer)
- 2016 Ohio Association of Health Plans Pinnacle Award for Life Services Program
- CareSource nominee Moms2B—a program which addresses maternal and infant health disparities—won ACAP’s 2015 “Supporting the Safety Net” Award
- 2014 Business of the Year, Not-For-Profit of the Year (Dayton Business Journal)
- 2014 Community Partner of the Year (Leadership Dayton)
- 2014 Outstanding Large Corporation (Association of Fundraising Professionals)
- CareSource University: 7 straight years in Training Magazine’s Top 20
- Six-time Pinnacle Award winner for best practices, Ohio Association of Health Plans
You Might Not Know:
Pam enjoys jazzercise, gardening, dancing, reading and traveling.